PEACE IS GREEN–EVERY ACT MATTERS
CELEBRATE WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY
WORLD’S LONGEST & LARGEST ENVIRONMENT ONLINE EVENT
4-5 June 2021 | 06:30 am UTC | 12:00 pm IST | 24 Hours
To celebrate World Environment Day, Act Now, together with Environment Online, Treebuddy.Earth, Brookfield International School, Glamanand, and Envirate, brings to you, 2nd edition of our web symposium “PEACE IS GREEN-EVERY ACT MATTERS”, world’s longest and largest environment online event, non-stop for 24 hours on 4-5 June 2021.
The Web Symposium brings together individuals and organizations, the thinkers and the doers, from around the world, and, may reach more a million participants in over 100 countries!
We invite you to share your climate actions, and let us learn from you. CONTRIBUTE YOUR ACT, EVERY ACT MATTERS!
Let’s get active, not anxious. Let’s reimagine, recreate, restore. Let’s be bold, not timid.
Join Us in #GenerationRestoration
All themes are open in all sessions for conversation, due to availability of guests from different timezones.
Session 1: 12:00–15:00 IST | 06:30-09:30 UTC (4 June '21)
OPENING AND COMMON THEME TO ALL SESSIONS
EVERY ACT MATTERS-When it comes to restoring the natural world, each one of us can make a difference!
Session 2: 15:00–18:00 IST | 09:30-12:30 UTC (4 June '21)
FIGHTING FIRE WITH FIRE-Can forest restoration reduce the threat of fires?
Session 3: 18:00–21:00 IST | 12:30-15:30 UTC (4 June '21)
BLUE ECONOMY-Our marine and coastal ecosystems are extremely valuable for sustainable life on earth.
Session 4: 21:00–00:00 IST | 15:30-18:30 UTC (4 June '21)
EVERY DROP MATTERS-Healthy lakes and rivers make a healthy life on planet!
Session 5: 00:00–03:00 IST | 18:30-21:30 UTC (4-5 June '21)
FARMLANDS FEED US-However, their overuse is greater threat to wildlife than climate change.
Session 6: 03:00–06:00 IST | 21:30-00:30 UTC (4-5 June '21)
GRASSLAND AND WETLANDS HOLD KEY TO OUR FUTURE-Act Now to prevent, stop, and reverse degradation of grasslands and wetlands.
Session 7: 06:000–9:00 IST | 00:30-03:30 UTC (5 June '21)
OUR CITIES ARE ECOLOGICAL DESERTS-We cannot turn back time. But we can green our cities.
Session 8: 09:00–12:00 IST | 03:30-06:30 UTC (5 June '21)
MOUNTAINS AND CLIMATE CHANGE-A global concern that cannot be ignored.
1. Ecosystem Restoration Play Book
ACTIVITIES FOR STUDENTS
All participants will receive an International Certificate.
Select few entries will be featured during the event. (Check with your national coordinator if there are any special awards in your country)
STEP 1- Choose and carry out ONE or MORE activity given below:
1. Film Making (1-3 minutes long) - Theme: Every Act Matters, Act Now! (Feature your climate action) (Format: MP4, MOV, AVI)
2. Digital Photography Theme: Our Ecosystem (Format: JPG, JPEG, PNG)
3. Music and Song (1-3 min, writing, singing, solo, synchronized )-Theme: Let’s Restore Our Ecosystems, Let’s reimagine, recreate, restore. (Format: MP3)
4. Poster- Theme: The Earth Will Live, We May Not, Act Now!
5. Dance (1-3 minutes, solo, group, synchronized)-Theme: Any, original or recreation related to environment
6. Fancy Dress (for age 6 and below)-Theme: Any, related to environment
7. Slogan Making-Theme: Any original composition, related to environment
STEP 2- Complete the following steps to receive your International Certificate.
Under-age children, not legally entitled for social media accounts, can use their parent’s ID.
1. Register for the event: https://bit.ly/33vKQty
2. Carry out ANY TWO/THREE of the following:
Click and LIKE: https://www.facebook.com/actnoworgin/
Click and FOLLOW: https://www.instagram.com/actnoworgin/
Click and FOLLOW: https://twitter.com/actnoworgin
Click and SUBSCRIBE: https://www.youtube.com/actnoworgin
3. Tag and post your entry on YOUR Facebook/Instagram/Twitter
Use the following hash and tags:
#actnoworgin #enoprogramme #peaceisgreen2021
#bfis #glamanand #generationrestoration #UNEP #treebuddy
STEP 3- FINALLY email your entries : email@example.com
(1) All activities given here must be carried out under Covid Protocols applicable to your country and region. (2) All entries must be original. All entries will become the property of Act Now and Act Now will have the right to republish, repurpose, reuse in any manner with or without credit.
GLIMPSES FROM PEACE IS GREEN 2020 - SHAPING PEACE TOGETHER
Pekka Haavisto, Finnish Minister for Foreign Affairs
Aishwarya Vinu Nair, Miss Teen Earth 2019, performance for the event
Tarja Halonen, President of Finland, 2000-2012
Mathis Wackernagel, President, Global Footprint Network
Nellys Pimentel's Miss Earth 2019 Message
Ritva Koukku Ronde's, Finnish Ambassador to India
(These volunteers will be available for you before and during the event)
vGUESTS OF HONOR
Organizer : Act Now
Co-organizers : Environment Online, Treebuddy.Earth, Brookfield Intl. School, Glamanand, and Envirate
Event Title : PEACE IS GREEN - EVERY ACT MATTERS
Starts : 4 June 2021, 12:00 IST | 06:30 UTC Ends: 5 June 2021 12:00 IST | 06:30 UTC
Venue : Zoom,
Live on FB : https://www.facebook.com/actnoworgin
Event Page : http://actnow.org.in/peace-is-green-2021.html
Find Us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, LInkedIn #actnoworgin @actnoworgin